What is TOYP?
JCI TOYP serves to formally recognise young people who excel in their chosen fields and create positive change. By recognising these young people, JCI raises the status of socially responsible leaders in this world. The honorees motivate their peers to seek excellence and serve others. Their stories of discovery, determination and ingenuity inspire young people to be better leaders and create better society.
What catagories can someone be nominated in?
There are 10 categories that you can nominate someone in. These are:
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
Who can be nominated?
Anyone can nominate a young person who is 18-40, and they do not have to be a JCI member. You have until the 23rd of December to get your nominations in! Download the form from JCI Scotland’s website here.
If you would like any further information regarding this, please go to the JCI Scotland website.